General Terms and Conditions
The General Terms and Conditions of Operation are comprised in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act, based on recommendations provided by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia (GZS) and on International Codes of E-commerce.
The online shop is managed by Cedar d.o.o., a commerce service provider (hereinafter referred to as the Provider).
These General Terms and Conditions of Operation apply to the operation of the online shop, the rights of the user and the business relationship between the Provider and the buyer.
Accessibility of Information (legislation summary)
The Provider undertakes to always provide the buyer with the following below listed information:
- Company identity (name and place of business, number of registry entry),
- Contact information that enables the user prompt and efficient communication (email, telephone),
- Significant characteristics of goods,
- Availability of products (each individual product, which is included in the offer on the website, should be available within a reasonable time),
- Delivery terms of the product or rendering the service (the method, the place and time of delivery),
- All prices shall be defined clearly and unambiguously, and in addition to the above, it shall also be indicated very transparently, whether the prices already include taxes and transportation costs and expenses,
- The method of payment and delivery,
- Time validity of the offer,
- The period within which it is possible to withdraw from the agreement and conditions for withdrawal; and in addition to the above, also information on if and how much it costs the buyer to return the product,
- Clarification of the process in the event of a complaint, including all the details concerning the contact person or the customer relations department.
Due to the nature of business operations via the worldwide web, the offer available in the online shop is updated and changed frequently and quickly. The prices are represented as regular prices under the valid pricelist.
The Provider offers the following payment methods:
- by bank transfer to the current account of the manager of the online shop based on an issued offer/quotation,
- by credit card (Diners Club, Eurocard/MasterCard, Visa, American Express). We offer payments via MoneyBookers nad PayPal.
The Provider shall issue the buyer an invoice on a durable medium, with costs broken down and instructions on how to withdraw from the purchase and return the products, in case this is necessary and possible.
The purchase agreement (order) is stored in electronic form on the Provider's server and is available to the buyer in his/her user profile at any time (My Profile).
The online price applies to all users of the online shop. All prices include VAT, unless explicitly stated otherwise. The prices are valid at the time of placing the order and have no pre-determined validity.
Despite extensive efforts to ensure the most up-to-date and accurate information, it may happen that the information on the price is wrong. In such a case, or in the event that the price of the product during the processing of the order changes, the Provider shall allow the buyer to withdraw from the purchase, but will also offer the buyer a solution to the mutual satisfaction of both parties.
The purchase agreement between the Provider and the buyer is deemed concluded at the moment the Provider confirms the placed order (the buyer receives an email regarding the status – Order Confirmed). From this moment on, all prices and other terms and conditions are fixed and apply both to the Provider and the buyer.
A gift certificate is a paper issued by Cedar d.o.o. against payment. The gift certificate is issued in paper or in electronic form. Every gift certificate is marked with a unique serial number and Cedar d.o.o. is bound to accept it as payment for goods being sold in the online shop. When buying the gift certificate, the same provisions as stated in the Terms and Conditions of Operation apply. A gift certificate is valid for 6 months from the day of issuing, unless stated otherwise on the certificate itself.
A gift certificate cannot be exchanged for cash. The gift certificate can be redeemed only in the full amount. If the value of the bought goods is higher than the certificate value, the buyer shall cover the difference by additional payment. If the value of the bought goods is lower than the certificate value, the difference is not reclaimable. The gift certificate can be used in two ways:
- by entering the unique alphanumeric code of the gift certificate in the Redeem the Gift Certificate field in the first step of the buying process;
- by entering the unique alphanumeric code of the gift certificate in the My profile > My account tab, whereby the value of the gift certificate is transferred to the user’s account in the form of account balance.
The holder of a gift certificate shall use the certificate within 6 months from the day of issuing, unless stated otherwise on the certificate itself. When transferring the value in the form of balance on the user account, the transfer shall be made until the end of the certificate's validity and the balance can then be used with no time limitation, however it shall be used in a one-off payment.
The extensive offer of the online shop also covers products for which the buyer receives a bonus upon purchase. A bonus is a type of discount that can be redeemed against the next purchase. The amount of the bonus differs but is listed next to the price of the product.
The bonus becomes visible in the user’s profile once the order for the product offering the bonus is concluded and payment has been received (in the event of cash on delivery, this can take a few days). The bonus can be redeemed as a one-off amount with any future online purchases. Several bonuses can be used at the same time but the total value of bonuses shall not exceed the value of the purchase. Individual bonuses may not be divided (used only partially).
Once the buyer submits an offer for a product that includes a bonus, this is evident through all purchase steps. After a successfully submitted online offer, 3 emails are sent explaining that the bonus shall be evident in the user’s profile (or in his/her account) after the online order has been concluded.
Upon the next purchase, the system shall automatically offer the buyer to use his/her bonus in the first step of the online purchase. The user can see the current status of all bonuses on his/her account. The bonus shall be valid for 3 months, unless marked otherwise with an individual product. The validity of the bonus shall be indicated also on the invoice sent to the buyer together with the goods.
If the buyer is not satisfied with the product and decides to return it, he/she shall be reimbursed the paid amount and the bonus shall be removed from the user’s account. If the bonus has already been used before the goods were returned, he/she shall be reimbursed the difference between the paid amount and the amount of the used bonus.
The bonus may not be paid out in cash.
The Purchasing Process
- Order received. After placing the order, the buyer receives an email notification indicating that the order has been received. At this point, the buyer has the opportunity to cancel the placed order within the period of one hour. At the Provider's website, the buyer can at any time access comprehensive information about the status and the content of the placed order.
- Order confirmed. If the buyer does not cancel the order, the order is sent to further processing, in which the Provider reviews the placed order, checks the availability of the ordered products and confirms the placed order or rejects it with good reason. The Provider has the right to contact the buyer at his/her telephone number for the purposes of verifying the data and for ensuring the punctuality of delivery. With the supply of goods that the Provider does not have on stock in its own warehouse, the Provider is exclusively bound to the supply of goods from the Provider’s supplier and to the time in which the Provider’s supplier can supply the goods to the Provider. If the supply period is very long and the buyer does not wish to wait, the buyer may notify the Provider of this fact and the Provider shall remove the product from the order and reimburse the buyer any already paid amounts. As regards the other products from the order, the buyer shall choose whether the products are to be delivered or the entire order cancelled. The Provider does not assume responsibility for any damages resulting from longer delivery times or non-delivery of goods that the Provider does not have on stock in its own warehouse.
- Goods sent. The Provider shall prepare and send the goods within the arranged period and notify the buyer about this fact via email. In this email, the Provider shall instruct the buyer about the return policy of the goods, where to turn to in the event of a delay in delivery and where to turn to in the event of a complaint.
The Right to Withdraw from the Order, Return of Goods
The buyer has the right to notify the company (at the following contact email address: email@example.com that he/she withdraws from the purchase agreement within 15 days after taking over the goods without having to state his/her reasons. The only costs that the consumer has in relation to withdrawing from the agreement are the costs of returning the goods. The goods shall be returned no later than within 30 days from the notification on withdrawing from the agreement (purchase).
The goods shall be returned undamaged and in the same quantity, unless the goods have been destroyed, damaged, lost or reduced in quantity through no fault of the consumer.
Upon the return of goods, the paid amount shall be reimbursed to the buyer’s current account. The payment shall be returned as soon as possible, but in any case no later than within 30 days after receiving the notification on withdrawing from the agreement. The payment shall be made to the buyer’s current account.
The return of the received goods within the deadline for withdrawing from the agreement shall be deemed notification on withdrawing from the agreement.
The form for returning the products is available on the back of the invoice that the customer receives with the shipped products.
More information is available at www.briskstep.com.
The term returned goods refers to goods that have been returned and are deficient (damaged packaging, scratches, etc.). In such a case, the buyer shall be entitled to withdraw from the agreement within the same period as applies to all goods.
The Provider shall deliver the goods or render the service within the agreed period of time.
The contract partner for the delivery of packages is Pošta Slovenije d.d. but the Provider reserves to right to choose any other delivery service if this makes the implementation of the order more efficient.
The form for returning the products is available on the back of the invoice that the customer receives with the shipped products. The form states all other additional information regarding the right to return the goods, the terms and conditions and the manner of implementing this right. The return form also includes the required information regarding the address where the buyer may turn to in the event of a complaint and information regarding warranties and servicing or other services after the termination of the agreement.
The Provider applies suitable technological and organisational means for the protection of the transfer and for storage of personal data and payments. For these purposes, the Provider uses the 256-bit SSL certificate (PayPal and Moneybookers), which was issued by an authorised organisation.
Safe authorisation and credit card transactions are processed securely by PayPal, Inc. and Moneybookers Ltd. Credit card authorisations are made in real time with immediate verification of data from banks. Card details are not stored on the Provider’s server.
Protection of Personal Data
The Provider hereby undertakes to permanently protect all personal data of the user.
The Provider shall store the IP address of all visitors of the online shop, the name and surname, email address, contact telephone number, the primary address and the delivery address, the country of residence, time and date of registration and archive of the communication with the Provider for an indefinite period of time.
The Provider shall undertake to use the personal data solely for the fulfilment of the order (the sending of information material, offers, invoices, etc.) and other necessary communication.
The user's information shall in no case be handed over to unauthorised persons.
The user himself/herself is also responsible for the protection of personal data by ensuring relevant software (antivirus software) is installed to protect his/her computer.
The Provider shall contact the user through means of distance communication only if the user does not explicitly object to such communication.
The informational emails shall contain the following elements:
- they shall be clearly and unambiguously marked as advertisements,
- the sender shall be clearly evident,
- various campaigns, promotions and other marketing techniques shall be marked as such. The email shall also clearly set out the conditions of participation in them,
- the manner of unsubscribing from receiving advertisements shall be clearly presented,
- the Provider shall explicitly adhere to the user’s wishes not no receive advertising messages.
Users’ Opinions and Comments
The users' opinions and comments or product reviews are a part of the shop’s functionality and are meant for the user community. The Provider allows any user of the online shop to write an opinion and the Provider reviews the opinions before their publication.
The Provider shall not publish opinions or reviews that are in any way insulting, obscene or if the Provider believes that they do not offer any benefits to other users and visitors.
Release of Liability
The Provider tries to assure promptness and accuracy of information that is published on its website. However, it may happen that product characteristics, delivery time or price change so fast that the Provider is unable to timely update this information on its website. In this case, the Provider shall inform the buyer about the changes and enable him/her to withdraw from the order or to change the ordered product.
Even though the Provider tries to provide accurate photos of sales items, all photos are to be deemed symbolic. The photos do not provide a guarantee for the product’s characteristics.
The Provider shall have the right to withdraw from an agreement concluded with a customer only in the event of an evident mistake (Article 46 of the Code of Obligations). Evident mistakes are all mistakes in the descriptions of essential product characteristics and all mistakes that are usually defined as crucial and would not result in making a contract if the Provider knew about them. This includes evident mistakes in the price.
The Provider reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions of Operation at any time and in any way, irrespective of the reason and without prior notice.
Complaints and Disputes
The Provider respects the existing consumer protection laws. The Provider shall use its best efforts in order to comply with its duty of establishing an effective system for dealing with complaints as well as designating a person, who the buyer can contact via telephone or email in the event of possible problems. A complaint shall be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The complaint procedure is confidential.
The Provider is aware that the essential characteristic of the consumer dispute, as far as judicial resolution is concerned, is its asymmetry between the economic value of the claim and the costs incurred in resolving the dispute itself. This is also the main obstacle why the consumer does not initiate proceedings before the court. Therefore, the Provider shall make every effort to resolve any disputes by mutual agreement.
We wish you pleasant and comfortable shopping!
Server support for the unhindered functionality of the online shop is provided by Storm Internet Ltd.
Sensitive data are transferred via AES 256 bit CBC encrypted (PayPal) and Camellia 256 bit CBC encrypted (Moneybookers) connection, which enables safe and care-free online shopping. Creditcard payments are made via PayPal, Inc. and Moneybookers.
BriskStep Cedar Shoe Insoles are just a perfect gift. Different, healthy, very affordable and easy to implement!